Friday, September 17, 2010

So Long Nevada...Hello California!!!! (Part I)

Oh the anticipation! I had been waiting for the day to come for...well...almost 3 years! I mean, I LOVE my husband, and it will always hold a special place in my heart because Luke was born there, but I was SOOOO ready to go!!!

I had decided when we first got married and combined all of our 'single days' treasures to make a home, that we would make a garage sale pile to be stored in the garage with great intentions to make a lot of money at this future sale! Brian wanted to throw it away, but I insisted I would have a garage sale. It was the right thing to do!

So almost 3 years later, that little pile had turned into 1/3 of a 3 car garage! It was time.

Holy...

Moly...


That's a lot of stuff! And there's more you can't see!


Brian made me a deal that he would help to get it done and the money I made, I could keep...hahaha...little did he know! BUT if I didn't get it done, it all went to the garbage because it was NOT being moved. So I decided I would do it. Surely it couldn't be THAT hard! Half way through, I called my mom begging her to come help! She didn't.

It was August...in the desert...in a non air conditioned garage...what was I thinking? And I had a needy 8 month old who didn't take the best of naps. Sheesh! But we did it!!!! And, those words 'you can keep the money', well, let's just say Brian didn't realize how much money all those 'treasures' would add up to! We had a SUPER successful garage sale! So I bought a camera! It was totally worth it!

We donated the rest.

During these last few weeks, we said goodbye to some great friends. Dawn and Troy Miller became friends we'll always keep in touch with, I'm sure. Dawn was so great to me! She taught me a lot about military life and what to expect! They headed off to Washington a few weeks before we left so we went to dinner to say goodbye. Not sure why we didn't get a picture with them, but we got one of ourselves as we were leaving!



We went to a Japanese restaurant in the casino that was one of those where they cook the food in front of you and do the whole fire show. So we thought Luke was sitting pretty well on his own that we'd try him in a high chair for the first time (other than the one at home...he's been sitting in that for awhile).

He did great!

He thought the fire was pretty cool too!


So we only had 1 week until the packers were scheduled to come. It was more of a 'sit and wait' time for us because everything was being done for us essentially. Other than changing our address, scheduling utilities to be transferred back to our landlord, and saying goodbye to friends, there was really nothing for us to do....until Friday. Brian went to work and it seemed to be a normal day. Luke wasn't completely himself Thursday, but he had begun teething, so I assumed he was just fussy. But Friday morning he was just not right. I took his temp. and it was 101.4. So I called Brian, then the doctor. The RN explained that was a fever to be concerned about and we should probably head in to have him checked out. She bet me a quarter he had an ear infection even though he wasn't showing the tell-tale sign of pulling his ear. So we made the drive into Reno for our first 'sick baby' doctor visit.


The doctor said everything looked fine and that he probably had a virus that just had to run it's course. He said to give it 48-72 hours and if it wasn't better we should call back. We had his 9 month check up scheduled for Tues. anyways, so that made us feel better that we were going to follow up with the dr.

It was a looooong weekend. Poor Luke just didn't feel good at all. His 2 bottom teeth were breaking through and he had a virus accompanied with a fever. I felt so bad. It was that Mom bad that you wish you could take it away, but you just can't. It was similar to the way I felt while he was in the NICU, but different somehow. We did get a lot of cuddle time in that weekend.

It was also Brian's birthday that weekend. So, like many times to come...our plans changed a bit! We celebrated at home instead of going into Reno. And Brian got his putter the following week so it all worked out alright!

Luke was feeling well enough to eat wrapping paper at least!


















So Monday rolled around and he woke up and Luke was BACK...with a rash!!! He was back to his old tricks but had little red bumps all over his face, neck, belly and back.


So we called the dr...again...and he said it was Roseola. He said all the symptoms I described to him would be in the textbook definition of Roseola. He continued to tell us the rash was the last part of the virus and it would last about 3 days. Which it did.

We walked into the dr.s office on Tues. and I was greeted by Laura, the nurse and she handed me a quarter! haha!

The wine's gone...and it's 12:15am. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment