I had the perfect outfits in mind for Luke and myself and had instructed Brian on appropriate coordinating colors he could choose from for great pictures. Then it turned warm...shoot! I had picked a flannel shirt for Luke...that clearly was not going to work, but I still wanted to go to the patch. So I adjusted (slightly disgruntled :)) and chose something else and off we went.
This patch, like I said, was kind of small, but it was nearby and Luke was already kind of grumpy (you'll tell in the pictures...not too many smiles were given up). So fingers crossed we'll head a little further this weekend to a bigger one that I think even has a petting zoo.
![]() |
| one grumpy gus! |
![]() |
| hmm...what am I sitting on? |
![]() | ||
| such a big guy...standing on his own! |
![]() |
| checking out the pumpkins |
![]() |
| mommy picture! |
I absolutely love Fall. It's my favorite time of year! I love decorating with hay bails, pumpkins and gourds, lanterns...I could go on (I'll post pictures of our decorations soon!). So this was a dream! A sea of pumpkins...
![]() | ||||||||||
![]() | |||
| Luke had fun exploring the pumpkins. |
It was funny to me to watch Luke check out the pumpkins...even though we didn't have big ones at home yet, I had put a bunch of small ones in a bowl on the coffee table. He played with them for a second, but now couldn't care less about them. Suppose it's because he can't use the mini ones to help him stand! :)
We just couldn't resist it...
Then we found a pumpkin just as big as Luke! He really liked this one! I tried convincing Brian to buy it, but we opted for one a tad smaller!
![]() |
| I think I'll try... |
![]() | |||
| this piece! |
They did have horse drawn 'carriage' (not sure that's what I'd classify it as, but whose judging?) rides, so we couldn't pass that up. But first we had to pet the horses!
Luke, as usual, took a minute and a little encouragement to pet the horse, but did really well after he got comfortable.
Then it was time to get a wheel barrow and pick out some pumpkins. Guess who got to go for a ride...
I'm pretty sure the wheel barrow ride was his favorite part of the day! We picked out 3 pumpkins...one for Daddy, one for Mommy and one for baby Luke.
Luke picked out his own pumpkin!
![]() |
| I'll take....this one! |
So these won't get carved...we'll hang onto them through November (for Fall decorations, of course!). We'll pick out a 'carving' pumpkin at the next patch (and hopefully get some smiling pictures!).
























Your pictures are beautiful! Luke is so cute playing with all the pumpkins even if he was a little grumpy! I miss you guys so much!
ReplyDeleteEm