So I waited and waited on deciding what (if any) costume to get Luke. I figured we weren't going trick or treating since Luke is too little for treats (and I certainly didn't need to acquire any treats for myself or Brian!) and assumed we'd just stay home and hand out treats. I didn't really want to spend the money on a costume just to stay home. But the idea of not dressing him up for his first Halloween bugged me too. I REALLY wanted him to be 'Max' from Where the Wild Things Are, but the only costumes I could find were 'homemade' and either really poorly done or waaaay too expensive (we're talking $250) for a one-time use. Then the idea of me being the Cat in the Hat (which is my go-to costume) and Brian and Luke being Thing 1 and Thing 2 respectively crossed my mind, but didn't make it to fruition for some reason or another. So we went to a costume shop and found a couple of costumes, but none that struck my fancy. I had seen a monkey costume at Old Navy a couple weeks prior so we decided since we've always said Luke's a little monkey, he'd be a monkey ('Max' will happen...just in a few years!). And the bonus was the costume had gone on sale!!! Luke was a monkey for the bargain price of $10! Woo-Hoo!
We did end up walking around the neighborhood with some friends, so Luke was seen as the cute little monkey he was (and he WAS the cutest monkey out there, if I do say so myself!).
![]() |
| giving our neighbor some treats! |
![]() |
| the Cat in the Hat and her lil' monkey |
![]() |
| Who knew the Cat in the Hat was FABULOUS!!! |
This was our 'Spooooky' front porch. I cut out each of the bats (it took forever, but I just mindlessly cut them out while watching TV after Luke went to bed) and made the wreath...which I'm very proud of! It turned out awesome!










No comments:
Post a Comment